Preferred Series 6L6WGC
This 6L6 tube is versatile and will sound great in many amplifiers, for many styles of music. Rock, blues, country, and jazz players will all have fantastic results. With its 30W plate dissipation rating it will last long too. Fender Blackface amp owners will love these for their authentic vintage tone: solid bass, rich mids, and smooth highs.
From our review: "Plugging in, these tubes offer up a warm, round tone with low noise and no microphonics, even in a small combo amp. Glassy yet mellow clean tones bloom into a fat, rich overdrive as you get deeper into the master volume knob..."
The Preferred Series 6L6WGC construction features:
- A solid grey plate like the premium NOS short bottle Sylvania and GE 6L6GC tubes from the 1960's
- Welded plate (not crimpled) to help reduce rattle
- Double halo-style side mounted getters
- Gold grid wires
- The filament used is low-noise
- The bottle is made with a heavy gauge glass
- And finally the blue color base is a nice touch too!
The Preferred Series 6L6WGC tubes carry a 6 month extended warranty.
6L6 Tube Types Other Preferred Series tubes
Additional Information and Downloads
Warranty Information and Return PolicyWarranty Period: 6 months
Preferred Series tubes have a 6 month warranty from date of purchase. (Any exceptions will be noted on that tube's Warranty tab)
If you receive a tube that does not perform to the manufacturer's specifications, please do the following:
- contact us to get a return authorization
- return it via regular mail within 180 days from when we shipped it, and we will provide an exchange or refund of the full purchase price of the tube.
Returns not related to warranty or defect will be considered at our discretion, and are subject to a 15% restocking fee.
We can not accept returns that don't have an authorization, are past 6 months, or are returned improperly.
These guidelines may be updated without notice.
Ratings & Reviews
Warm with great full rich tone.
by Phil -
Took a chance on these, I'm pleasantly surprised! Great crunch and they seem to work for every style I play.