Electro-Harmonix 6CA7EH

6 Reviews
SKU: EH-6CA7

Availability: Usually ships within 24 hours.

USD $‎27.95
Each
Designed to the exacting specifications of the Philips 6CA7 tube, this classic tetrode returns to life in a big bottle design. The Electro Harmonix 6CA7 is built to withstand today's high-gain amps while still retaining the detailed tone and component integrity of the original. The 6CA7-EH A direct replacement, with military reliability, for any EL34.



From our review, "These tubes sound every bit as good as the old EI tubes and are probably my favorite tubes for Hiwatt guitar amplifiers."



Other Electro-Harmonix tubesEL34 Tube Types

Additional Information and Downloads

Reviews:

EL34 Tube Review



Tube Matching Information:

Power Tube Matching FAQ

Perfect Pair System



Downloads:

Electro-Harmonix 6CA7EH Datasheet (PDF)

Download Adobe Acrobat PDF reader


Warranty Information and Return Policy

Warranty Period: 3 months



All our tubes are guaranteed for 3 months from the date of purchase. (Any exceptions will be noted on that tube's Warranty tab)



If you receive a tube that does not perform to the manufacturer's specifications, please do the following:



- contact us to get a return authorization

- return it via regular mail within 90 days from when we shipped it, and we will provide an exchange or refund of the full purchase price of the tube.



Returns not related to warranty or defect will be considered at our discretion, and are subject to a 15% restocking fee.



We can not accept returns that don't have an authorization, are past 3 month, or are returned improperly.



These guidelines may be updated without notice.

Ratings & Reviews

6 reviews

  • 3 stars
  • 0 reviews
  • 2 stars
  • 0 reviews
  • 1 star
  • 0 reviews

Great alternative to EL34!

by

I would have to say that the Electro Harmonix 6CA7-EH has more tonal range, and is a nice middle ground between an EL34 and a 6550, in terms of the clarity, and range of the 6550's and a nice early breakup and great crunch of the EL34.

Close on the heels of my RCAs

by

This will be a short review and more like briefing. That said, this is what I discovered tonight. I have a quad of RCA 6CA7 tubes that are NOS from the early 1960's. I played the RCA tubes tonight for the first time in my Jolida amp. I have used the EH 6CA7 tubes in this amp before so I am very familiar with the sonic character of the tube. Well, I was quite surprised when I listened to the RCA tubes and compared to the EH tubes. I would say that the EH tubes give me about 85% of what the RCA tubes do. No some might not think 85% is a lot, but comparing price and availability of the EH tubes to NOS RCA tubes, that remaining 15% gets smaller. The RCA tubes sound a little richer, more full bodied, and has a touch more "presence" but I had to listen pretty close to get that. As I said, the EH tubes will give you real good idea of what a RCA 6CA7 from 1962 sounds like.�Sorry - I guess this wasn't that short after all.

EL34 on steroids?

by

I put a pair of these in my 1st generation Traynor Bass - Master and they perform great!



Clean, bold, and where it used to give about 40 watts, the amp's now giving a solid 50W. The plates are big compared with a regular EL34 and they sure look like they can handle more than other EL34 / 6CA7's, but just setting the old Traynor to a pretty comfortable bias point delivered the sound I want.

Fantastic EL34

by

I used this tubes in 2 different amplifiers with fantastic results. They are very robust tubes and can take a lot of abuse. They sound very detailed and dynamic. This is my preferred EL34 tube. I now use those instead of a Gold Lion KT77

Amazing sound

by

So I put four balanced 12ax7’s two 6ca7’s and two 6l6gc all from EH in my Bugera 333xl infinium and HOLY CRAP!!! I play mainly hard rock/metal and I’ve never had more crunch and amazing cleans it’s not even the same amp anymore I was able to completely ditch my ts9 boost pedal it doesn’t even come close to needing it. Thank you EH for such awesome tubes.